Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Only a few more hours..

...and this terrible year will be done with.

As some little bird (me) once said, odd years tend to be the worse ones. They're not incredibly terrible, but they don't seem to be as good as the ones that end in even numbers. It's weird. For example, I just cut myself while opening a plastic container with an exacto knife. But that must also be because I'm more or less drunk (I'm trying to make the best of the ending of this year).

In spite of all the things that had gone wrong this year, I must admit that I'm still thankful. I'm more aware of what I want to do and more aware of who I am, and of the things I should be doing with myself and of the consequences of my decisions. I'm a lot less innocent but at the same time I'm more wise. I interpret things a little differently. My grades at the end of this year didn't make me think "I want to make better grades so I can satisfy my mother" but more like "I want to make better grades to satisfy me". I want to grow. This year has made me realize how we have to make the best of our time while we can and I will make sure that I do from now on; I wanna get in better shape, make better grades, create art, read more things. Maybe travel. Essentially I'd like to be a lot better. I'd also like to see where Laura and I can go, to see if things will get better for us and back to where things once were. We'll see how all goes, but I think 2010 will be better -- or else. Adieu, 2009.

1 comment:

  1. your second paragraph is essentially my goal minus the details specific to your life. the basic message of wanting better of yourself really hit a chord with me

    ReplyDelete